Sunday, February 21, 2010

Honey Soy and Sesame Chicken and Shrimp on a bed of Romaine

Hey,

So I knew I wanted chicken and shrimp for dinner. So I went to my books to see what Gordon had for me that included both. I found 1 recipe that had both ingredients but I didn't want to go out to hunt down Baby Bok Choy to do the exact recipe. So as I was reading how to make the dressing, the Honey Soy and Sesame, I thought well it says that you can use it as a marinade too. Fabulous!
So out came the chicken. As I was reading the recipe I realized the whole thing is in imperial measurements so I had to convert everything to metric so I had a clue what the heck was going on. Fortunately I did it correctly, thanks to cooks.com for the conversion section on their site.

I chopped up the chicken and poured the some of the dressing over it and into the fridge for an hour it went. I cooked it up in the marinade then added the cooked shrimp near the end to heat up and absorb the flavor.

I also learned that you should make sure that your lettuce leaves are at least 90% dry in order for them to hold the dressing. I really had never even considered drying lettuce before...

Well I placed my leaves on the plate drizzled the left over dressing that was not included for the marinade, I at least know some food safety rules...and placed the chicken and shrimp on top. My wonderful man made spring rolls so I decoratively placed them on the plate and served it up.

It turned out really well. Great flavours and it actually looked pretty too!

Off to watch more Olympics now.

Talk to you later!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment